Exhcange 2010 Uninstall Problem RSS

We installed the Trial version on our Server 2008 running Exchange 2010, And when we went to uninstall it said that we had to stop the Transport Service, I stopped the server and continued with the uninstall..

During the uninstall a error came up(http://i51.tinypic.com/2dj1mwh.jpg)
and now I can no longer open the Exchange Management Console or the Shell..

Opening the Console gives us this Error msg

you cannot call a method on a null-valued expression. It was running the command 'Discover-ExchangeServer -UseWIA $true -SuppressError $true -CurrentVersion 'Version 14.1 (Build 218.15)

by Ron 8 years ago

@Ron: This looks like an Exchange issue that affects ORF as well - essentially, these are the same error messages. During the uninstallation, ORF issues two Uninstall-TransportAgent commands to remove its Transport Agents (which connect Exchange and ORF), and one of these commands fail with the same error. I suspect the Exchange Management Console gives a similar error, is that correct? Given the scope of the error is outside ORF, this has to be fixed in Exchange.

I did a search for this specific error in Exchange 2010 and found that it has numerous possible causes, but typically Exchange installation/upgrade (SP1) errors like here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/6c9a3823-8c87-4763-9a03-db6d41a10703/ . Did you install Exchange 2010 SP1, or reconfigured the role settings recently?

by Peter Karsai 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Peter Karsai: No, ORF Trial was installed and left on for a couple hours then we removed it. the EMC and Shell both ran prior to installing and when ORF was installed they both stopped working after ORF was uninstalled.

I have tried reinstalling ORF again and it gives an error during the install along the lines of the error i get when uninstalling.

by Ron 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Ron: I found some errors that might help with the problem

MSExchange Extensibility
Category: MExRuntime
Failed to create agent factory for the agent 'Vamsoft ORF SMTP Receive Agent' with error 'Failed to create type 'Vamsoft.ORF.TransportAgents.VSSmtpReceiveAgentFactory' from assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Enterprise Edition\orftagent.dll' due to error 'Invalid agent assembly path.'.'. Please verify the corresponding transport agent assembly and dependencies with correct version are installed.

MSExchangeTransport
Category: Configuration
Microsoft Exchange couldn't start transport agents. The Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped. Exception details: Failed to create type 'Vamsoft.ORF.TransportAgents.VSSmtpReceiveAgentFactory' from assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Enterprise Edition\orftagent.dll' due to error 'Invalid agent assembly path.'. : Microsoft.Exchange.Data.ExchangeConfigurationException: Failed to create type 'Vamsoft.ORF.TransportAgents.VSSmtpReceiveAgentFactory' from assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Enterprise Edition\orftagent.dll' due to error 'Invalid agent assembly path.'. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid agent assembly path.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.FactoryTable.CreateAgentFactory(AgentInfo agentInfo)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.FactoryTable..ctor(IEnumerable agents)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.RuntimeSettings..ctor(MExConfiguration config, String agentGroup)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.MExRuntime.Initialize(String configFile, String agentGroup, Boolean isBridgeHead, String installPath)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Extensibility.AgentComponent.Load()

by Ron 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Ron: You might want to try removing the TrasportAgents of ORF remotely (e.g., by installing Exchange Management Tools on a separate client if the local EMC won't start) by running

Uninstall-TransportAgent -Identity "Vamsoft ORF Routing Agent"
Uninstall-TransportAgent -Identity "Vamsoft ORF Receive Agent"

If that does not work, you can also try to disable them (using the Disable-TransportAgent command).

by Krisztian Fekete 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

Nickname:
Email address (will not be published):
Your comment:

ORF Technical Support

Configuring, installing and troubleshooting ORF.

News & Announcements

Your dose of ORF-related news and announcements.

Everything but ORF

Discuss Exchange and system administration with fellow admins.

Feature Test Program

Feature Test Program discussion. Membership is required to visit this forum.

ORF Beta

Join the great bug hunt of the latest test release.

Customer Service

Stay Informed