Management Tools Silent Install - ORF Forums

Management Tools Silent Install RSS Back to forum

Hopefully something you guys can help with.

I'm pushing the ORF installs to all IT staff when upgrades come.
Simple process:
ORF Management Tools.exe /SP /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /CLOSEAPPLICATIONS

This works great except I can't seem to find the parameter to not launch the program after install. It's that checkbox at the end of the install. Can this maybe default to unchecked when being run in silent or verysilent mode?

by jean.davis 4 years ago

@jean.davis: Helo jean.davis,

When you *update* the ORF installation or the management tools, the installer does not offer the option the launch the ORF Administration Tool upon finishing the installation. Have you tried pushing an update to a client using the parameters that you mentioned?

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Yes. They already had it installed so this was an update overtop. Even when if you run the installer in non silent mode the checkbox is at the end.

Forgot to give other info. I pulled the exe from the downloaded exe zip so I could run it silently with parameters.

Maybe I'm trying to accomplish something that wasn't meant to be?

(in reply to this post)

@jean.davis: Well, "unwrapped" installation is not supported officially but I have talked to the devs about your situation and they suggested adding the /EXTSETUP parameter to run the installer as an update. This should solve the auto-start issue for now until we come out with an official silent install option :)

(in reply to this post)

That works very well. Thank you.

@jean.davis: I am glad to hear that.

C ;)

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2