ORF Event Notification (Error) - ORF Forums

ORF Event Notification (Error) RSS Back to forum

Hello!
Got this one error:
Summary
An operation has failed unexpectedly - recommended to investigate this event.
Time 17 Октябрь 2019 г. 10:51:56 GMT+0300
Sender Email (not available)
Recipient Emails (not available)
Related IP (not available)
Action (not available)
Email Subject (not available)
ORF license could not be updated. Error: er 2008 R2 Standard </oscaption><oslanguage>1049</oslanguage><osversion>6.1.7601</osversion><pclprocessor>4</pclprocessor><pcprocessor>1</pcprocessor><pcmemory>12582445056</pcmemory><exchangeversion>Microsoft Exchange 2010</exchangeversion><exchangerole>Hu .
Find event explanation online...

Details
Filtering Point Non-Filtering Event
Event Class System Event
Severity Error
Server MAIL.ALUPRO.DOMAIN
Event Source (not available)
HELO Domain (not available)
Message ID (not available)
Version 6.1

This email was sent to you because you have requested to be notified about specific events in ORF. See the following Knowledge Base article on managing email notifications.

Нelp solve the problem.
Thanks,
Ivan

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Hello Ivan,

based on the error message, ORF is unable to communicate with our product registration servers. Did you select manual activation when you entered the license key into the License Manager (Help > License Manager)? If so, you might want to double-check your HTTP Proxy Settings in ORF (Help > License Manager > Proxy Settings).

Let me know if this has helped.

by Greg Pósa (Vamsoft) 4 years ago

Hello Greg!
I chose the activation method - online.
Now I have such information in "Help > License Manager".
ORF License Manager:
Activation Date: 18.09.2019 13:25 GMT +0300
Expiration Date: 20.09.2020 3:00 GMT +0300

HTTP Proxy Settings > Direct connection (no HTTP proxy)

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Hello Ivan,

that is odd. It seems that ORF can communicate with our product registration servers after all. Does this happen periodically or did this happen only once?
If it only happened once it might have been a temporary issue and I would not worry about it if it does not happen again.

Hello Greg!
It was the second time. The first was 10.10.2019. The first time I also attributed to a possible mistake.

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Hello Ivan,
could you please send us the ORF log file from the day of the incident (i.e. orfee-2019-10-17.log) to our support address ? They can be found in the ORF program directory by default (\Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion\).

Greg,
What subject of mail to specify?

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Whatever you fancy, it doesn't matter.

I just sent you.

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Hello Greg!
I got an error mesage again. It turned out to understand from the log-files?

by Dmitry 4 years ago

Sorry for the late response. I have just replied to your email.

Hello Greg!
Restart did. The site is available.

by Dmitry 4 years ago

@Dmitry: Hello Dmitry,

Can you tell me if you had this issue before using ORF 6.1. If not, which version did you use before installing 6.1 - if any?

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hello Daniel!
There was no error before the update. Before installed version - 6.0.1.

by Dmitry 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Dmitry: Thank you Dmiry.

Could you send us the sysinfo file of the affected server (Run > msinfo32 > File > Save) and the ORF module information (Help > About ORF Fusion...> Modules... > Copy) to for analysis, please?

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Does this issue have a solution? I'm seeing the same thing, to the letter, here. This was on an in-place upgrade from 5.5.1 to 6.3. I don't see any indication that the ORF is making attempts to communicate outside of our network. Like a flag , e.g., "is_activated=yes" isn't flipped somewhere. I can recreate the event, at-will, by restarting the ORF service.

by jay.mccarty2 3 years ago

@jay.mccarty2: Hello Jay,

Please start the ORF Administration Tool, open the License Manager (Help > License Manager...) and click the Refresh button to see whether your ORF installation can communicate with our licensing server. If not, click the Proxy Settings button and verify that the settings are correct.

Automatic online activation and the daily license check is performed via HTTPS, thus TCP 443 needs to be open on your firewall for outbound connections. You can manually check whether the URL of our licensing server is accessible from your ORF server by entering the "https://orf.prodreg.biz" address into a web browser (on the affected server).

Let me know if this has helped.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Turned out to be a firewall issue.

Thank you.

by CLEng 3 years ago

@CLEng: Thank you for letting us know CLEng. I am glad to hear you managed to solve the problem.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2