Spam Email to Special Mailbox - ORF Forums

Spam Email to Special Mailbox RSS Back to forum

Exchange 2016 CU9 DAG 2 Node.
ORF 5.5.1 running on both Nodes.

I was running ORF 5.4 on my Exchange 2010 and had this working this server is now decommissioned.

I would like all spam emails be sent to a special mailbox, I created a mailbox named spammail I see we can send spam to users junk folder but I would like to send them to the mailbox spammail inbox only,

How can I do this?

Thank you,

Tom

by Tom 5 years ago

@Tom: Hello Tom,

1. Start the 'ORF Administration Tool' and connect to the local or a remote instance
2. Navigate to the Filtering > Actions page
3. Click the On Arrival > Edit button
4. Select the 'Accept email and perform further actions' option
5. Mark the 'Redirect email to the email address below' checkbox enabled (if you need it, enable tagging as well)
6. Enter the mailbox address into the 'Address' field and click OK.
7. Navigate to the Filtering > Tests page
8. Assign each test to the 'On Arrival' filtering point only, with the exception of the Greylisting test.
9. Save the ORF configuration to apply the new settings (Ctrl + S)

Note that other filtering agents (e.g. the Content Filter of Exchange) may still reroute or reject the emails, so you might want to review your existing Exchange transport agent settings and mailflow (aka. transport) rules.

Let me know if this has helped.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Daniel

Thank you for the easy instructions

I am not sure what to check from your last Note.

I have no transport rules setup.

Thanks

by Tom 5 years ago

@Tom: Hello Tom,

Please see my reply in the other thread you have opened: https://vamsoft.com/forum/topic/774/email-whitelisted-but-not-going-to-my-outlook-inbox

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2