Mail flows freely when the ORF service stops - ORF Forums

Mail flows freely when the ORF service stops RSS Back to forum

Recently, the ORF service encountered and error and stopped on an edge server. ORF 5.5.1 running on Windows Server 2016 with the built-in SMTP service. I was able to start ORF without a problem, but while it was shutdown, email flowed freely through the server without any restrictions.

Is there a way to configure the server so all email is rejected if ORF is not running. I know I can write a script to check on the state of the ORF service, try to start it, and shut down SMTP if it will not start. It seems like a glaring security issue if the fail position is to allow all mail to flow.

Thanks

by luis.botero 5 years ago

@luis.botero: Hello Luis,

If the ORF service is stopped, there is no way for ORF to apply a default policy to incoming emails. The question here is why the ORF service has stopped in the first place. Please send us (to ) the ORF configuration (orfent.ini) and log file from the day of the incident (e.g. orfee-2018-08-24.log), along with the export of the Windows Event - Application - logs for analysis (Run > eventvwr.msc > Windows Logs > right-click "Application" > Save all events as). The requested ORF files can be found in the ORF program directory. Default path: \Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion.

Thank you!

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2