How to avoid this authentication problem ? - ORF Forums

How to avoid this authentication problem ? RSS Back to forum

Hello !
We have two servers - one of them Publisher and another is Subscriber one.
If I change smst and save on Publisher server, subscriber starts writing the follow event :
"Remote access to a(n) remote last 24 hours counters retrieval function failed due to an authentication problem. Reason: Login is required to perform this operation (login may have been expired)." And I have to go to subscriber and re-connect it.
How to avoid this?

Thanks

by alexei.tchernobrivets 6 years ago

Hello Alexei,

This will occur if you restart the ORF Service on the affected server while a remote Administration Tool is connected and running. The session state gets lost and the previous login ticket of the client becomes invalid, hence the message “login may have been expired”. The Administration Tool polls the server multiple times in every second, resulting in a flood of messages. To avoid this problem in the future, you should refrain from stopping the ORF Service while clients are connected remotely (i.e. the clients should be disconnected first).

Please note that this has nothing to do with configuration synchronization or SMTP authentication.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 6 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Thanks !

by alexei.tchernobrivets 6 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2