Unknown error - ORF Forums

Unknown error RSS Back to forum

I installed orf 4.4 on the Windows server 2008 Standart x64 SP2 with Exchange 2007 (Edge Transport)
When i start ORF Administration Tool, I see an error:
"One or more of the IIS SMTP Administration libraries are unavailable. IIS and IIS SMTP may not be installed on the computer or user rights are not sufficient for managing IIS"
Role IIS is not set on my server.

by Kirill more than 10 years ago

@Kirill: ORF cannot detect your Exchange installation for some reason, so it assumes it is an IIS SMTP server and looks for the installed components of that. As it cannot find those either, it returns this error.

Did the Exchange install finish gracefully, without any errors? I suspect some registry keys are missing that ORF uses for detecting the presence of Exchange. Can you please do a registry export of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange (and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ExchangeServer if that exist) and send it to us for analysis to ?

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztian Fekete: I posted a registry file. Waiting for your help

by Kirill more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Response sent in email.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago

To sum the issue: for some reason, the Exchange installation registry keys did not show up in the 32-bit view of the registry, only in the 64-bit view. Kirill's solution was to copy the above Exchange keys under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node. This key of the 64-bit registry (as seen by "regedit", for instance) holds the 32-bit view of the registry, essentially allowing the 32-bit ORF to see the same Exchange installation information that 64-bit processes would do.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2