Exporting statistics - ORF Forums

Exporting statistics RSS Back to forum

Hi,
I am trying to find an automated way to publish on my company intranet some statistics from ORF.

Ideally I would like the total number of messages and spam ratio for the previous day.

Does anyone know how this could be achieved?

by David more than 10 years ago

@David: As the ORF statistics are stored in the memory and they are written in the orfstat.dat file only when the ORF Service is reinitialized (e.g. the configuration is saved or the service is stopped/restarted), I'm afraid it is not possible to extract reliable information from this file.

However, you may try using our Log Provider (http://www.vamsoft.com/logprovider/) which parses the ORF logs into SQL, then you could create statisitics from those data and display that on the intranet site. We have no ready-to-use solution for this, but the web report demo might be a good starting point.

The formula to calculate the spam ratio is

(BeforeArrival.Blocked + OnArrival.Blocked) / (OnArrival.Allowed + BeforeArrival.Blocked + OA.Blocked) * 100

Assuming the following values are used:

BA.Blocked = 2
OA.Blocked = 3
OA.Allowed = 5

The system spam ratio would be 2 + 3 / (5 + 3 + 2) * 100 = 50, i.e. 50%.

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Thank you.

That should give me just what I need.

by David more than 10 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2