Search across all log files - ORF Forums

Search across all log files RSS Back to forum

Hi,

It seems that I can only search in a single .log file.
How can I search across all log files saved on the hard drive using Log Viewer ?

by tomasz.sokolowski 7 years ago

Hello Tomasz,

If you want to view *all* of the log files, press Ctrl+P (or select File > Tool Settings) in the ORF Log Viewer tool and remove the mark from the "No log file age limitation" checkbox, and click OK. In the same dialog, you may also specify a maximum age limit in hours or choose from predefined limits (click the "Age Limit" button) if you wish.

To learn more about the ORF Log Viewer setting, please consult our related help page: http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/orf-help/5.4/logv-configure

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 7 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hi Daniel,

I remember I had issues on previous version and Log Viewer kept on crashing when it was trying to look at more than 1 day of logs ... this is why since I had the box unticked.

Now i know and maybe in newest version the 'crashing' is not occurring any more.

by tomasz.sokolowski 7 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@tomasz.sokolowski: All of the known Log Viewer bugs have been ironed out of ORF for a long time now, so I am confident that you will be able to view multiple days' worth of log entries without any issues :)

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 7 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2