On Arrival tests 5.2.1 or 5.7.1 - ORF Forums

On Arrival tests 5.2.1 or 5.7.1 RSS Back to forum

I noticed that my SURBL tests are rejecting mail with a 5.2.1 and when I look at the settings and click set default, it changes it to 5.7.1 - which is recommended?

by jhoff 9 years ago

@jhoff: You should use 5.7.1, but it does not really make any difference in practice. 5.7.1 means "Delivery not authorized, message refused: The sender is not authorized to send to the destination. This can be the result of per-host or per-recipient filtering. This memo does not discuss the merits of any such filtering, but provides a mechanism to report such.". In contrast, 5.2.1 means "The mailbox exists, but is not accepting messages. This may be a permanent error if the mailbox will never be re-enabled or a transient error if the mailbox is only temporarily disabled.".

You probably have 5.2.1 currently configured, because your ORF configuration goes back a rather long way. We have changed the default ESMTP code to 5.7.1 in ORF 2.0, because it is better suited for the On Arrival filtering point.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hee hee - yes, it does. Changed. Thanks!

by jhoff 9 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2