Logging - Not logging all incoming emails RSS

I have ORF 4.2 and although it seems to be working for the most part very well, it doesn't seem to be logging all inbound email records. I know this because we have an exchange server behind this one and I am seeing emails there that are not showing up in the ORF logs. Is there a setting for this that I am missing? Or a reason that I am unaware of?

Thanks,

by dogdaynoon 4 years ago

@dogdaynoon: ORF is not guaranteed to log all incoming emails. E.g., POP-downloaded emails are transferred via the Pickup folder and not SMTP, so ORF cannot monitor those.

Also, at Before Arrival, only blacklistings are logged by default: you might want to try enabling logging of all events under Configuration / Log and Events / ORF Log.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): Thank you KrisztiĆ”n, I think that my version of ORF does not have those options that you speak of.
I am on 4.2 and the only items under configuration are Save Configuration, Save and Update Configuration, Import, Export and Exit.

by dogdaynoon 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@dogdaynoon: I mean in the left navigation pane, under Configuration. See screenshot:

http://imageshack.com/a/img907/9647/q6y66U.jpg

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 4 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

Nickname:
Email address (will not be published):
Your comment:

ORF Technical Support

Configuring, installing and troubleshooting ORF.

News & Announcements

Your dose of ORF-related news and announcements.

Everything but ORF

Discuss Exchange and system administration with fellow admins.

Feature Test Program

Feature Test Program discussion. Membership is required to visit this forum.

ORF Beta

Join the great bug hunt of the latest test release.

Customer Service

Stay Informed