Log Viewer filter not working properly with network ranges - ORF Forums

Log Viewer filter not working properly with network ranges RSS Back to forum

I created a simple filter which excludes two seperate IP ranges using and used CIDR notation to define the subnet mask. Both addresses have the "invert rule" checked. After refreshing the view with the filter applied, I see records in the log with addresses that match the ranges which are supposed to exclude those records.

Here's a link showing you an example:

http://postimg.org/image/b36fcp5ln/

by kris.jankiewicz 9 years ago

If I remove one of the ranges from the filter it works. It seems that it will only filter out a single IP range. As soon as I add another IP range to the filter, both ranges show up in the log.

by kris.jankiewicz 9 years ago

@kris.jankiewicz: Because of the "OR" relation, this combination will match every IP address (i.e., the ones not matching the first rule and the ones not matching the second rule). As the Log Viewer does not support changing the logical relation from OR to AND when multiple IP ranges are added, you should add three separate rules instead as a workaround, like so:

The Related IP Address
..is in range 0.0.0.0-23.236.231.255
or
..is in range 23.236.233.0-173.236.111.239
or
..is in range 173.236.112.0-255.255.255.255

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2