Incoming and outgoing mail stopped working for no reason(Solved) - ORF Forums

Incoming and outgoing mail stopped working for no reason(Solved) RSS Back to forum

The reason I post this message is because I ran into a problem today which I also solved. If any other users got this problem I have the solution for you.

Strangely I could receive new mails for our company and the outgoing mails stayed in their Exchange queues. After some troubleshooting I found the cause, ORF Fusion 5.3. One I stopped the service all my mails were sent and received.
This is what I did to fix it:
First make a back-up of the installation folder of ORF (Basically you only need the orfent.ini, but if you want to keep the logging then copy the whole folder).
Second; make sure the service and software is not running.
Third: Uninstall ORF, delete the installation folder.
Fourth: Install ORF again, make the correct configuration to connect to your Exchange and DNS server(s).
5th: After configuring start the service and check if you still can receive and send mails.
6th: Stop the ORF service and software and copy the orfent.ini to the new location. If this location is different from the old location you need to open the file and make sure every location is set to the new one.
7th: Run the software and start the service. You have your old configuration back and you can still send and receive mails.

Good luck if this helps you

by Tridec 9 years ago

@Tridec: We have neither been reported such issues, nor I think ORF was directly involved: the uninstallation/installation process restarts the MSExchange Transport services, so I believe that solved the problem.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): I am sorry to tell you but no. I have been restarting all Exchange services today with the current version of Fusion without any luck. When I stopped the service everything went ok.
I don't mind being the first to report such a problem, but it was ORF who was causing this. Not Exchange, firewall or AntiVirus.

Br. René

by Tridec 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Tridec: Could you send us the following to :

• A short description of your setup (operating system, Exchange version, are there any other filtering software affecting emails, secondary MXs, perimeter servers in between the senders and your server, etc.)
• Your configuration file called orfent.ini (located in Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion by default)
• Your .log files related to the issue (e.g., orfee-2014-06-23.log, orfee-2014-06-22.log, orfee-2014-06-21.log etc. located in Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion by default). Please send raw .log files, Log Viewer CSV exports are not suitable.
• MSExchange and ORF related Event log entries logged when the problem occurred
• Instructions to reproduce the problem (and/or detailed description of the problem)

Also, are you currently able to reproduce the problem? If so, do you agree to install a debug build of ORF to learn more about the issue?

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2