SORBS-DUHL having major problems RSS

The SORBS-DUHL database was corrupted and lots of good IP address where blacklisted for being Dynamic - IPs. Found this out the hard way as we started to get a lot of rejection notices.

See http://blog.utest.com/your-emails-not-working-its-not-just-you/2010/10/#comment-17561 for details.

My question is - can I setup my Blacklist check so that an IP address must be on two list in order to be rejected?

Matt

by Matt Reed 8 years ago

@Matt Reed: Matt,

Ouch - thanks for letting us know. I just woke up, but I will be in the office in an hour and do what I can.

As for your question, it is not possible to implement such check in ORF. I recommend turning off SORBS temporarily in the configuration - it is possible to disable only the affected zone in ORF, but better safe than sorry.

by Peter Karsai 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Matt Reed: Matt,

Judging from the updates, SORBS have emptied the affected DUHL zone, so the issue no longer persist. I am not sure what was the scope exactly - we also use SORBS and I have found no related false positives in our email in the past 48 hours.

We will post a summary of the issue soon.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

Nickname:
Email address (will not be published):
Your comment:

ORF Technical Support

Configuring, installing and troubleshooting ORF.

News & Announcements

Your dose of ORF-related news and announcements.

Everything but ORF

Discuss Exchange and system administration with fellow admins.

Feature Test Program

Feature Test Program discussion. Membership is required to visit this forum.

ORF Beta

Join the great bug hunt of the latest test release.

Customer Service

Stay Informed