Mail temporarily rejected by 2 servers - ORF Forums

Mail temporarily rejected by 2 servers RSS Back to forum

My senders mails is temporarily rejected with a few seconds delay by both incoming Exchange2013-servers running ORF5.2 so the mail never arrives. Is this as intended? The 2 servers have different public ip-adresses and no other load balancer than Windows Round Robin in front of them, so the second server knows nothing about what the first just rejected.

Will changing the Database-option from Private local to External SQL (same server\instance for the 2 servers) help resolve this?

Will increasing the Record Lifetime in the Greylisting options help reduce issues of this kind?

A last question - my 2 servers are configured so that one server is subscribed to the other. Upon a change in configuration on the master - what is required, like a servce restart to make the conf change effective 1) on the master server 2) on the subscribing server?

Br. Tim Kuhnell

by TimKuhnell more than 10 years ago

@TimKuhnell: If both instances read/write their own private local databases, they will never be aware that the other one has already rejected the email temporary, and will reject it again (so increasing the record lifetime will not help in this scenario).

Using the same Greylisting database instance should solve this, as the second ORF instance will see that the first have already rejected the email and recorded the delivery attempt in the Greylisting database (and vice versa). For more information, please consult our Multi-server Usage Guide (http://vamsoft.com/r?multi-server-guide)

The subscriber fetches the configuration from the publisher, then polls it once per minute to check whether the publisher configuration has been changed. If it has, it retrieves the new configuration and updates itself automatically (i.e., no manual interaction is required on the subscriber, you should simply save the configuration on the publisher server after it has been altered). The service is not required to be restarted on either servers.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Dear Krisztián, thanks for your response.

In the SQL case, must the database connection config be done on both servers or just on the current publisher? I still want the config to be auto-retrieved.

Is SQL2012 supported?

Hi Tim,

SQL 2012 is supported. http://vamsoft.com/downloads/guides/dbguide-sql2012express.zip
The database Connection config can be configured for both independent, or from within the publisher.

Regards
Norbert

by NorbertFe more than 10 years ago

Thanks for your reply, Norbert. I assume SQL2012 Enterprise Server is supported as well?

Br, Tim

I would guess it is supported, but thats an answer only vamsoft can give. ;)

@TimKuhnell: Yes, SQL 2012 Enterprise Server is also supported.

(in reply to this post)

I can get this to work against an SQL2012 only if I specify the SQL Provider like:

Provider=SQLNCLI11; NOT SQLNCL
Server=SQLSERVER,1433;
Database=ORF;User Id=orfuser;Password=some-password;
DataTypeCompatibility=80;

Thanks for your assistance.

@TimKuhnell: Is the SQL Native Client installed?

(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): Yes, it's installed.

(in reply to this post)

@TimKuhnell: You mentioned that "I can get this to work against an SQL2012 only if I specify the SQL Provider". Is that a problem? How would you like to set up the connection?

(in reply to this post)

SQLNCLI11 NOT SQLNCL without '11' does not work, though it's specified like SQLNCL in the documentation.

Same here. I guess a glitch in the docs. ;)

@TimKuhnell: Now I understand, thanks for the clarification :) That parameter depends on the Native Client version installed: if you have version 9, SQNCLI is sufficient, if you have version 10 SQLNCL10 is required, and so on. I think we forgot to update that in the guide... Thanks for pointing this out, we will update the documentation accordingly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2