SMTP Service stopped after a whitelisted email is received that hits attachment filtering. - ORF Forums

SMTP Service stopped after a whitelisted email is received that hits attachment filtering. RSS Back to forum

SMTP Service stopped after a whitelisted email is received that hits attachment filtering.

Smtp is not startable after that. Remove orf bindings and smtp start again.

Anyone else has this, or is this my setup

Using 5.2

by Henri more than 10 years ago

@Henri: Hi Henri,

Could you tell me more about your setup, please (OS, Exchange/IIS version, is it 32-bit or 64-bit, etc.)?

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

sorry about the less details, have less time to investigate this right now.
setup is Windows 2012 with iis.

i meant 2012r2. Problem is also when attachment quarantine disabled. and only attachment filtering enabled.

The whitelist was because of ip whitelist hit.

In the eventlog is see messages like this:

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 58 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds

Tested a bit further now. It has nothing todo with attachment filtering, when i just send a email from a whitelisted ip, iisadmin crashes. Even when i have attachment filtering test disabed. Uninstall, installed again, same problem. Installed 5.1 everything works now.

@Henri: Hello Henri,

Thank you, we are investigating this issue. So far we haven't managed to reproduce the problem. Even though it is not listed in the ORF change log, the ORF SMTP Module that connects IIS to ORF went under a major code overhaul in ORF 5.2, which might have introduced issues.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Thank you for your patience.

We have managed to reproduce the issue in our labs on your platform (Windows Server 2012 R2) under a stress load scenario. We are working on determining the issue scope and get back to here once more information is available.

(in reply to this post)

We have identified the root cause for the issue. We are re-releasing ORF 5.2 with a fix in a couple of hours. Thank you very much for the detailed report on the problem.

(in reply to this post)

Hi Peter,

thanks for the fast responses. Good to hear you find the cause.

Regards

Thank you for your patience. We have re-released the ORF 5.2 installers and now they are available from the Client Portal to download. The new installers fix the IIS issue that you experienced. We apologize for any inconvience we have caused.

(in reply to this post)

@Péter Karsai (Vamsoft): This is awesome support, folks.

Please keep up the good work.

by andrew.baker more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@andrew.baker: Thank you, Andrew. We are drawing the conclusions and working on QA improvements now -- even though the issue only occured when a specific subset of the SMTP Module was used, it is no excuse and should have been spotted by testing.

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2