Remote Admin Tool has started hanging - ORF Forums

Remote Admin Tool has started hanging RSS Back to forum

1

I have ORF Fusion 5.1 running on Exchange 2010 single server and installed the tools on my W7 Pro x64 PC and both machines are patched to current levels. Lately the admin tool has started hanging when used from my machine but not when used locally. Even if I just open it then try to close it I have to use end task because it hangs and doesn't close - just shows not responding. I don't see anything in the system logs to help. Any ideas other than reinstall?

by mike.galbicka 5 years ago
2

@mike.galbicka: sorry for the late response, I just noticed your forum post. I suspect a network related issue: is it possible that a firewall or something prevents the local Administration Tool from connecting to the remote ORF Service, and that causes the hangs?

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

3

It connects and operates fine initially. It just hangs when I attempt to close it. I also noticed yesterday when I attempted to stop the service from the local admin tool on the server the service stop timed out and never completed although the log viewer suggested no email was passing through ORF. I rebooted the server and my PC and now things seem to be back to normal.

by mike.galbicka 5 years ago
4

@mike.galbicka: what is the size of your configuration file called orfent.ini on the server (located in Program Files (x86) \ ORF Fusion by default)? We have seen some cases in the past where users imported tens of thousands of entries to various lists of ORF (strongly discouraged: http://vamsoft.com/r?o-hto-adm-toomanyitems), and the configuration file got so large it took minutes for the ORF Service to re-initialize with the new configuration, which caused the Administration Tool to hang.

If the above explains the issue, I recommend deleting all entries from the affected black- and whitelists and saving the configuration.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

5

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): 45.5 KB (46,690 bytes)

by mike.galbicka 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

6

@mike.galbicka: It has been OK since both systems were rebooted. Perhaps something was wrong in the background that I didn't notice or it was an anomaly. Time will tell.

by mike.galbicka 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

7

@mike.galbicka: Glad to hear the problem has been solved.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2