problems with graylist - ORF Forums

problems with graylist RSS Back to forum

Hello.
From the start of using orf 5.1 got problem with graylisting test. It looks that the new senders get not a temporary reject 4x , but a 5x error, so the sender's server never tries to re-deliver email. The config we are using is ex10 hub,cas,mbx + ex10 edge with orf on it. All spam tests integrated in edge are off. Could you help me... and sorry for my english :)

by ivan d. more than 10 years ago

Hi,

does this affect every sender, or just specific ones? You can see the 4x or 5x respond in ORF Fusion logfiles. There are few senders which can not deal with greylisting, so maybe you have to do a greylist exception based on IP-ranges or Sender Domains.

Regards
Norbert

by NorbertFe more than 10 years ago

@NorbertFe: Hi,
I solved the problem yesterday :) The trouble was somewhere in exchange , after I changed the priorities as in this article - http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/knowledge-base/changing-the-filtering-order , gray-listing started to work as it should be...

Thank you!

by ivan d. more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@ivan d.: when an email is greylisted, ORF sends an 4.x.x SMTP response, indicating a temporary rejection (well, unless you changed the default setting). If the problem was solved by re-prioritizing the Transport Agents, I guess it was another agent causing the rejections, and not ORF. Anyway, glad to hear the problem has been solved :)

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2