WEB portal - ORF Forums

WEB portal RSS Back to forum

Can someone in my organisation administer the ORF admin tool from their desktop rather than directly from the server as part of the ORF installation. So they can add white list domains as of when they are required.

by Taz more than 10 years ago

@Taz: Currently, this can be achieved by using remote desktop solutions like RDP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Protocol) or VNC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing), but the upcoming version (ORF 5, expected to be released within a few months) will natively support remote administration, so you can install a client tool on any desktop box and manage the ORF configuration on the server.

by Krisztian Fekete (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hi guys,

I'm running a multi-tenant environment hosting a large range of domains. What we REALLY need is a web portal from which individual domain users can administer their white and blacklists.

With the upcoming version of ORF, do you intend including something like this? Or will the new remote administration option give me the option to allow certain users to only have a certain level of administrative access, eg, to ONLY administer white and blacklists?

Love the software, but a web portal feature for self management would make it the single best spam filter available in my opinion

Kerry

by Kerry Denten more than 10 years ago

@Kerry Denten: In ORF 5, giving someone remote access to your ORF configuration is actually equals granting administrator rights. The upcoming version will neither include such configurable user roles, nor any web GUI which could be used by the end-user to manage their own black- and whitelists unfortunately (there will be a separate client package to be installed instead).

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2