Add l2.apews.org? - ORF Forums

Add l2.apews.org? RSS Back to forum

Is l2.apews.org as good as Spamhaus ZEN for example?
I have received a lot of spam with job offers and related ip is listed at l2.apews.org and not Spamhaus ZEN for example.
Should I l2.apews.org?
If so how do I configure it?

by Anders Gerdin more than 10 years ago

@Anders Gerdin: We do not recommend using that list because the false positive rate is unacceptably high. Actually, they list about 40% of all IP addresses of the world: they block spam based on the "stopped clock is right twice a day" principle: list a large chunk of IP address space, and you're going to catch a significant amount spam, though inaccurately - this is not a very sophisticated approach...

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I find it funny (insane) that you guys blacklist an entire netblock because you think it's owned by spammers. The reality is I run my business (legitimate vacation rental site) via my ISP, of which this IP range is blacklisted by you folks...and might I mention, it was blacklisted almost 18 months ago! 184.71.213.x is not a spam source. Your service is simply comical if it's that poorly managed and operated. Take me off now.

by Gbelanger more than 10 years ago

@Gbelanger: We are a software vendor company and we are not affiliated with APEWS, so I'm afraid we cannot help with removal. Please contact APEWS (http://www.apews.org/) regarding your IP address.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2