Add l2.apews.org? RSS

Is l2.apews.org as good as Spamhaus ZEN for example?
I have received a lot of spam with job offers and related ip is listed at l2.apews.org and not Spamhaus ZEN for example.
Should I l2.apews.org?
If so how do I configure it?

by Anders Gerdin 6 years ago

@Anders Gerdin: We do not recommend using that list because the false positive rate is unacceptably high. Actually, they list about 40% of all IP addresses of the world: they block spam based on the "stopped clock is right twice a day" principle: list a large chunk of IP address space, and you're going to catch a significant amount spam, though inaccurately - this is not a very sophisticated approach...

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 6 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I find it funny (insane) that you guys blacklist an entire netblock because you think it's owned by spammers. The reality is I run my business (legitimate vacation rental site) via my ISP, of which this IP range is blacklisted by you folks...and might I mention, it was blacklisted almost 18 months ago! 184.71.213.x is not a spam source. Your service is simply comical if it's that poorly managed and operated. Take me off now.

by Gbelanger 6 years ago

@Gbelanger: We are a software vendor company and we are not affiliated with APEWS, so I'm afraid we cannot help with removal. Please contact APEWS (http://www.apews.org/) regarding your IP address.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) 6 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

Nickname:
Email address (will not be published):
Your comment:

ORF Technical Support

Configuring, installing and troubleshooting ORF.

News & Announcements

Your dose of ORF-related news and announcements.

Everything but ORF

Discuss Exchange and system administration with fellow admins.

Feature Test Program

Feature Test Program discussion. Membership is required to visit this forum.

ORF Beta

Join the great bug hunt of the latest test release.

Customer Service

Stay Informed