Senders White list - ORF Forums

Senders White list RSS Back to forum

We are currently using a registered version of ORF enterprise edition 4.4. We still have emails being blocked from hotmail.com. I have entered the domain (*.hotmail.com) to the white list on the assumption that all emails from that domain will be excluded from being checked by ORF. Email are still being blocked. I have entered this in wrong?... so for example would come through.
pls advise thanks Taz.

by Taz more than 10 years ago

@Taz: You should add "*@hotmail.com" without the quotes to the Sender Whitelist as "Email address or wildcard expression", click OK, and finally save your settings to apply the changes by pressing Ctrl + S if you want to whitelist all emails from hotmail.com addresses.

However, I do not recommend to do this, as spammers often use hotmail.com to send junk (or simply spoof this domain name), so allowing all emails from hotmail.com addresses will allow many spam emails in along with the legitimate ones. Instead, I suggest fixing the problem which causes legitimate emails to be blacklisted.

What do you see in the ORF logs (Message column) for these legitimate emails, which were blacklisted by ORF? You can check using the ORF Log Viewer Tool shipped with ORF.

by Krisztian Fekete (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2