Handling email from an old Domain - ORF Forums

Handling email from an old Domain RSS Back to forum

We changed our domain name but kept the old one so we would not miss any emails. I believe that a lot of our spam is addressed to our old domain.

Is there a way to test for emails going to the old domain name and have them go to a specific email address? I could then review them for non-spam emails and notify the person in question that we have a new domain name.

Or maybe mark them in some fashion.
Matt R.

by Matt Reed more than 10 years ago

On Exchange 2010, if a sender is on the "Auto Sender Whitelist' do the Exchange 2010 Hub Transport Rules still apply?

I tried to make a Transport Rule to do exactly what I am asking Vamsoft to do, but it is not working. So my question is, if a sender is whitelisted do the Transport Rules still apply?

Matt R.

by Matt Reed more than 10 years ago

@Matt Reed: Unfortunately, it is not possible to create such rule in ORF (if email is directed to X recipient domain, redirect the email to a specific address).

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Matt Reed: Exchange rules ignore the whitelisting of ORF, so if a sender is whitelisted in ORF, Transport Rules of Exchange should still apply.

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2