Message: "Error calling ORF server method EventOnArrival" - ORF Forums

Message: "Error calling ORF server method EventOnArrival" RSS Back to forum

Starting at ~9:26 a.m. this morning, getting this error message in ORF:

Message from the ORF Transport Agent: On Arrival error. Message: "Error calling ORF server method EventOnArrival ("Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."). The ORF Service does not support this version of the ORF Transport Agent. The version of ORF components is probably out of sync.".

We just restarted the Server last night, due to the emergency OOB Microsoft patch as well as the Exchange 2010 SP2 Rollup 2. ORF was however working for a good ~12 hours after this restart.

I could not restart ORF service, it times out.

by Indy more than 10 years ago

@Indy: What does the Windows Event log indicate when you attempt starting the ORF Service (Application branch)? There should be some related entries.

It is possible that the patch/service pack messed with a DLL file the ORF service was using and that causes the problem. Please try reinstalling the ORF service by running the following commands as Administrator in the ORF directory (Program Files \ ORF Enterprise Edition (x86) by default):

orfeesvc.exe -uninstall
orfeesvc.exe -install

If this does not help, try rebooting the server one more time. If that does not solve the problem either, please let us know and we will investigate further.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I used taskkill to end the orf service, started it, and it's been fine ever since. I hope. If it recurs I'll try the above.

by Indy more than 10 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2