email alias not being filtered - ORF Forums

email alias not being filtered RSS Back to forum

I have a user who recenlty changed her name (got married), thus changing her email addy. I kept her old email addy in place, sort of like an alias, so she wouldn't lose any email sent to that address. her old email address is receiving a lot of Spam that would normally not "Pass". This old address had no problems unitl it became a secondary email address in Exchange. I'm running ORF 4.4, Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Svr SP2. Is there anything that cab be done? Do you need to see the types of Spam that are getting through?

by Bill Kana more than 10 years ago

@Bill Kana: What does the ORF log indicate for these spam emails passing through ORF in the Message column (http://blog.vamsoft.com/2010/04/21/using-the-orf-log-viewer/)? Are they whitelisted, or simply "passed checks"?

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft): Email passed checks. And they seem like legitimate emails the way they are structured:

ect...

I have been blacklisting the domains, but there's always new ones daily - with differemnt IP's. Seems to only affect the one email address.

(in reply to this post)

@Bill Kana: Please send us the description of your setup (does ORF receive emails directly or through a perimeter server, any secondary MXs, etc), your configuration file called orfent.ini and your recent .log files from the past 1-2 days (located in Program Files \ ORF Enterprise Edition or Program Files (x86) \ ORF Enterprise Edition by default) to . Please also enclose the list of recipient addresses receiving the most spam.

We will review your configuration and make some suggestions to improve the filtering efficiency.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

ORF receives email directly on my Exchange 2003 Svr. Email has been sent. Thank you Krisztian.

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2