Source : -
Filtering point : -
Related IP : -
Sender : -
Recipient(s) : -
Email Subject : -

Description:
=================
Error EABSException cleaning up expired database items. Database: Auto Sender Whitelist. Error: "Index error: cannot delete entry. Entry not found - Native error: 20027".

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This mail was sent to you because you have requested to be notified about specific events in ORF Enterprise Edition.

This all started 2 days ago with the following error, then switched to the previous one:

NOTIFICATION - ORF Enterprise Edition
===================================================================

The following event has occurred:

Server : ppm-server.ppmdomain.local
Class : System
Action : -
Severity : Error
Source : -
Filtering point : -
Related IP : -
Sender : -
Recipient(s) : -

Description:
=================
Error EABSEngineError cleaning up expired database items. Database: Auto Sender Whitelist. Error: "Absolute Engine Error # -7 Error deleting record - record was deleted by other process".

This mail was sent to you because you have requested to be notified about specific events in ORF Enterprise Edition.

There were no changes to the system or to ORF that day, so I wouldn't think it was anything I could have done, but one never knows.

Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, how do I correct it?

Thanks,
Don

by Donald Frechette more than 10 years ago

@Donald Frechette: Judging from the log message, your Auto Sender Whitelist database file (aswl.abs generated by the embedded database engine of ORF) got corrupted.

Please try to repair it using the Administration Tool (Configuration / Tests / Auto Sender Whitelist / Database button, Manage button). If it does not help and you still receive these errors, please delete or rename the aswl.abs file located in the ORF directory (this requires the ORF Service to be stopped first, as it locks the file): ORF will create a new, clean DB file on demand (when the first entry needs to be added to the database).

To avoid such database corruption problems in the future, I strongly recommend switching to an External SQL Database (e.g., by using the free Microsoft SQL Server Express), we have some guides regarding this http://www.vamsoft.com/dbguides.asp. You can also convert your current databases after you repaired them to the new SQL database by using our database converter tool (http://www.vamsoft.com/vsdbconvert/).

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft): Krisztian,

Thank you for the info. That corrected the issue. I will also look into the links you provided to switch the database to an external SQL database.

Thank you,
Don

by Donald Frechette more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Ok... How about this error?

NOTIFICATION - ORF Enterprise Edition
===================================================================

The following event has occurred:

Server : ces-hq1.ColeEngineering.local
Class : System
Action : -
Severity : Error
Source : MSEXCHANGE
Filtering point : BeforeArrival
Related IP : 209.222.153.22
Sender :
Recipient(s) :

Description:
=================
Error validating the recipient "" (source: Active Directory). Could not bind to path "LDAP://DC=ColeEngineering,DC=local". Please check the LDAP path. Details: Error code: 0x00000000, text: "00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece". Provider: "LDAP Provider"

This mail was sent to you because you have requested to be notified
about specific events in ORF Enterprise Edition.

by Cordt Huneke more than 10 years ago

@Cordt Huneke: It means ORF could not query the Active Directory for the list of valid recipients (required by the Recipient Validation test).

To fix this

1. Start the ORF Administration Tool
2. Expand Configuration / Tests / Recipient Validation in the left navigation tree
3. Click "Configure selected" under Microsoft Active Directory.
4. On the Directory tab, select "Use LDAP root specified below" and enter the LDAP path, or make sure the current LDAP path is set correctly (Note that LDAP, GC, DC, ORG, etc. has to be written uppercase and no spaces are allowed between the commas).
5. On the Authentication tab set the authentication info (if your server requires authentication)
6. Finally, save your settings to apply the configuration changes by pressing Ctrl + S

(in reply to this post)

Ok. I did what you stated above.... and it still failed. I used:
LDAP://DC=ColeEngineering,DC=local
(which is identical to the when it would error out occassionally. Additionally, I'm running SP3 Rollup 5 with Exchange 2007. These errors started showing up after the rollup was installed.

Additionally, the e-mail users are located in

Group Base DN:
ou=sbsusers,ou=users,ou=mybusiness,dc=ColeEngineering,dc=local

Does this need to have only one level to search? Or, will it search multiple levels....

Thanks.

Cordt

Cordt

by Cordt Huneke more than 10 years ago

@Cordt Huneke: If by multiple levels you mean searching for valid addresses in multiple domains (or child domains), you should use GC:// instead of LDAP:// in the LDAP path (e.g. GC://servername/DC=domain,DC=com where servername is the name of your global catalog server. Basically, ORF queries the ProxyAddress attribute of AD objects on the configured path, which contains "normal" and alias email addresses. Also, please make sure the authentication settings are corrent (i.e., the username and password are correct on the Authentication tab, and the user is allowed to access the AD).

I suspect this is caused by a permission issue, but you can verify the LDAP path is correct by using our tester tool (http://www.vamsoft.com/adtest2.zip). Try to query the AD with this to find out whether it finds all valid email addresses.

You mentioned you installed SP3 rollup 5: do you see any "Library not registered" errors in the ORF logs by any chance? (see http://www.vamsoft.com/faq.asp#libraryerror)

Is it possible the rollup changed some permissions and the user configured on the Authentication tab no longer has access to the AD?

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2