Error start Orf Administration tools - ORF Forums

Error start Orf Administration tools RSS Back to forum

HI
Under some users at opening orf jumps out a window
"One or more of the IIS SMTP Administration libraries are unavailable. IIS and the SMTP Service may not be installed on the computer or user rigths are not sufficient for mamaging IIS. No SMTP Virtual servers were discovered using ADSI."

Under the user with the rights domain admins, the console is started

Windows 2003 serv +sp2
IIS6
Exchange 2003 sp2

by Timofeiy more than 10 years ago

@Timofeiy: as the error message says, those users probably has insufficient rights to manage IIS, so it is suggested to manage ORF using the Administrator accounts.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I can not find, where the rights of the user in IIS are added.
The server on which is established ORF is DC and in it there are no local groups

by Timofeiy more than 10 years ago

@Timofeiy: Sorry, my previous reply was a bit unclear: what I meant is that ORF requires administrator privileges anyway, so you should use the admin accounts (which also have permission to manage IIS). Configuring IIS to allow non-administrative users to administer IIS is not possible. As far as I know, there are some unofficial ways to do this which require editing the metabase, but it is not recommended, since you may easily corrupt it beyond recovery.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2