Block all TLD Domain Except One - ORF Forums

Block all TLD Domain Except One RSS Back to forum

Want to achieve:
Block all emails to *.io
Except for *.whova.io

Will adding *.io to the DNS blacklist and adding *.whova.io to the DNS whitelist work? Will this also bypass the spf, dkim, and ad checks?

Would just adding "^(?=.*(\.io$))(?!.+[@.]whova\.io).*" work in the DNS blacklist and call it a day. This should do what I want but also run through all the other normal checks.

Thanks,
Jean

by jean.davis 1 year ago

@jean.davis: Hello Jean,

The DNS Blacklist test is an automated test that communicates with public blacklists -which you have no control over- via DNS queries. You will have to do either of the following:

1a) If you want to blacklist emails coming from *.io, but not from *.whova.io:

Add the "^(?=.*(\.io$))(?!.+[@.]whova\.io).*" regular expression to the Sender Blacklist.

1b) If you want to blacklist emails coming from *.io, and whitelist emails from *.whova.io (i.e. exclude them from filtering):

Add the "*.io" wildcard mask to the Sender Blacklist, and "*.whova.io" to the Sender Whitelist.

2a) If you want to blacklist emails sent to *.io, but not to *.whova.io:

Add the "^(?=.*(\.io$))(?!.+[@.]whova\.io).*" regular expression to the Recipient Blacklist.

2b) If you want to blacklist email sent to *.io, and whitelist emails sent to *.whova.io (i.e. exclude them from filtering):

Add the "*.io" wildcard mask to the Recipient Blacklist, and "*.whova.io" to the Recipient Whitelist.

NOTE: In ORF, whitelists generally take precedence over any of the blacklist tests, but there are some exceptions:
https://vamsoft.com/support/docs/orf-help/6.6.1/adm-whitelisttestexceptions

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

That helps. Thank you.

I actually meant the sender blacklist not sure why I said DNS blacklist. One of those days. :)

by jean.davis 1 year ago

@jean.davis: No problem. I am glad I was able to help :)

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2