Whitelist entry based on "FROM:" - ORF Forums

Whitelist entry based on "FROM:" RSS Back to forum

Dear Daniel,
we have some partners who also use Amazon Webservices to send mail. The email address logged in the ORF is <any long ID>@@eu-west-1.amazonses.com

In the header of the mail you can clearly see that the FROM address is filled correctly (in this case of the partner "Kerio").

Nevertheless, some mails are blocked, although *@my.kerio.com is explicitly whitelisted.

The following is an example of a header (only the relevant parts):

Return-Path: <>
To:
Subject: You have been invited to
Message-ID: <>

How can we whitelist those Mails based on their FROM Address?

Kind regards
Uwe

by uwe.kortkamp 2 years ago

@uwe.kortkamp: Hello Uwe,

Emails can be whitelisted based on the content of any email header field using the Keyword Whitelist test. Open the "Keyword Filter Properties" dialog (Whitelists > Keyword Whitelist > New), select the "Header field" search scope and enter "From". Then, select the "Filter Expression" tab and enter the filter expression you want to use.

I hope this helps.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 2 years ago
(in reply to this post)

THANKS - that was the idea I did not have ;-)

Hello Daniel,
based on this post yet another question (possibly suggestion for improvement):

Is there a way to display this FROM address in LogViewer (ideally as a separate column)?

Addition:
...and ideally to be able to enter this FROM also directly via right click in Black or Whitelist.

@uwe.kortkamp: Hello Uwe,

I am happy to say that these features will be included in the next ORF update (along with other improvements). The public beta version will be released next month, so you will have the chance to test it and send us your feedback :) Stay tuned.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 2 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hello Daniel,
YOU MADE MY DAY!

Have a nive weekend.

Kind regards
Uwe

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2