Protect email from emkei.cz site - ORF Forums

Protect email from emkei.cz site RSS Back to forum

Hi,
How can I protect our users from emails from https://emkei.cz site?
Is it possible to tag the emails as SPAM?

Thanks

by tomasz.rabiasz 7 years ago

@tomasz.rabiasz: Hello tomasz.rabiasz,

The easiest method would be adding the IP address(es) mapped to the mail servers of emkei.cz to the IP Blacklist of ORF. A quick DNS query for the domain's MX records returns the following information:

> emkei.cz MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = emkei.cz
> emkei.cz internet address = 46.167.245.118
> emkei.cz internet address = 46.167.245.116

To blacklist the two IP addresses above:

1. Start the ORF Administration Tool
2. Navigate to the Blacklists > IP Blacklist page
3. Click New
4. Enter 46.167.245.116-46.167.245.118 into the 'IP address or range' field
5. Enter a comment text (e.g. "emkei.cz fake-email") into the 'Comment' field to help you identify the blacklist hits later in the ORF logs
6. Click OK
7. Save the ORF configuration to apply the new settings (Ctrl + S)

Regarding your second question, it is possible to tag the email header and/or the subject field of the blacklisted emails, however, this is a global setting, meaning the specified tag will be applied to every email that is blacklisted at the On Arrival filtering point (Emails rejected at the Before Arrival filtering point cannot be tagged or redirected - only dropped - as the message header is not available at that point yet.). The On Arrival filtering actions can be configured on the Filtering > Actions page in the ORF Administration Tool: http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/orf-help/5.4/adm-actions

I hope the above proves helpful to you, but please let me know if you have further questions.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 7 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2