Management tools not working with remote connect - ORF Forums

Management tools not working with remote connect RSS Back to forum

Hello,

I have a problem using the management tools version 5.4 to connect to my ORF Server.
I am receiving when trying to connect to it. Full errors:
error code 0x00002EFD
error code 0x00002EE2
I get this error when connecting to 'ip:6242'
The version on the server is also 5.4.
When I turn all the firewalls of on both sides it is still not working and I receive the 0x00002EFD error. When I turn the Firewall on at the server I receive the second error 0x00002EE2.

How can I fix this?

by rené.klomp 3 years ago

@rené.klomp: Hello RenĂ©,

Both error codes indicate a connection error (0x00002EFD means "cannot connect", 0x00002EE2 means "connection timeout"), so I think the ORF Service is simply not listening on IP:6242. Please verify your remote access settings on the System / Remote Access page of the Administration Tool. Specifically,

* The Remote Access service should be enabled
* The Local Bindings list should contain an "All Interfaces:6242" binding or an IP-specific binding
* The remote host IP must be on the Allowed IPs list with "All Services" or "Only Remote Administration" permission.

If these look OK, please make sure to save your configuration just in case the changes you made previously were not applied for some reason.

In any case, the ORF Service must be specifically allowed through the firewall.

Did the above help?

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Yes local bindings were set incorrectly. Resolved now.

by rené.klomp 3 years ago

@rené.klomp: Thank you, I am glad to hear the issue is now fixed.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2