Mail Blacklisted On-Arrival Check from Intermediate Host - ORF Forums

Mail Blacklisted On-Arrival Check from Intermediate Host RSS Back to forum

Hello,

I have the latest version of ORF running on Exchange 2019. It is my primary mail exchanger. I also have a server through my hosting provider as a backup mail exchanger. That server is linux based. I am using a program (POPcon) to download any mail on the backup mail exchanger via POP. Mail that is downloaded via that program and transferred passes before arrival tests as my exchange server is an intranet IP address. However, with the On-Arrival check ORF looks at the email header IP's and the mail gets blacklisted because the original sending server wasn't configured correctly or it's spam. The problem is that the mail ends up in this loop. I check the logs frequently but these messages end up filling up most of the log since the Popcon program is checking emails every 15 min.

I understand ORF is doing what it's designed to do and my configuration may not be a typical one, however I was wondering if there are any suggestions on either allowing or tagging all email that come from the Popcon program vs. rejecting so I don't end up having the rejections fill up my logs.

Or if you have another suggestion, I'd be happy to entertain it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Josh

by Josh 6 months ago

@Josh: Hello Josh,

I am afraid we need more information in order to assist. Please send us the following for analysis:

- Copy of an email that was received via the above described channel, one that passed ORF's filtering (saved in .eml or .msg format) – please do not forward the sample email and instead attach it to your email without any modification.
- The configuration file named orfent.xml (or orfent.ini). It is located in the ORF program directory (default: C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion).
- The ORF text log file from the day of the incident. ORF text logs have .log extensions (e.g. orfee-2023-10-01.log) and can be found on the configured ORF logging path (default: C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion\TextLogs).

Thank you.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 6 months ago
(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hi Daniel,

Since I don't typically get emails through the backup exchanger setup unless my primary is down I will have to try and force the primary server down and get an email to come through. I'll work on getting you the information requested and email it over.

Thanks
Josh

by Josh 6 months ago
(in reply to this post)

@Josh: Ok thanks

by alexrodriguezz1972 4 months ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2