SMA renewal - ORF Forums

SMA renewal RSS Back to forum

prompt where it is possible to look at information on number of used licenses (Everything, is used, remained)

by sergey.kozhevnikov more than 10 years ago

@sergey.kozhevnikov: You can check the number of licenses you have on the Client Portal under My Company / Licenses (click your company name in the website header after signing in). You will not find the number of currently used/remaining licenses anywhere in ORF, though, because we license on per actual user basis. We define a 'user' as an actual human being who accesses email filtered by ORF. As this is more a legal definition than technical, ORF does not count the licenses used. To check if you have enough licenses, count the email-enabled persons in your organization and match it against the number of user licenses you have.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

if I use 36 user licenses for communication with exchange2003, SMa ORF Fusion too means uses 36 licenses? I correctly understand?

by sergey.kozhevnikov more than 10 years ago

@sergey.kozhevnikov: The number of Exchange licenses and ORF licenses may be equal, but ORF really takes a different approach. To count the number ORF Fusion licenses you need, simply count the number of email-enabled people in your organization. Let's assume for a moment that you have 10 domains, 3 servers, 200 mailboxes and 300 email addresses, but only 36 actual persons receiving emails from the Internet that is filtered by ORF. In this case, you will need 36 ORF Fusion licenses, regardless then number of domains, servers, mailboxes and email addresses. This is somewhat similar to Exchange CALs, but not quite the same.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2