Faked domaims - ORF Forums

Faked domaims RSS Back to forum

We are getting a lot of spam supposedly from FedEx.com, but the IP address is not from one of FedEx emails servers. In fact the IP address appears to be originating in Viet Nam.

Fedex.com is on our whitelist since we use them daily and they send us acknowledgments.

Should I just take them out of the Sender Whitelist or is there a better way to handle this issue?

by Matt Reed more than 10 years ago

That should read "Fake Domains"

@Matt Reed: You should just take them off the Sender Whitelist and make sure that the SPF Test is enabled, so that ORF can identify these forged emails and blacklist them. This way, there will be no _guarantee_ that ORF will not blacklist a legitimate email - however, when properly configured, you should not be worried about that.

If you feel ORF is generating too many false positives (i.e. classifies legitimate emails as spam), please consult the Getting the Most out of ORF guide at http://www.vamsoft.com/guides.asp and/or contact our technical support.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2