ORF 4.4 not work with domain trees in AD forest? - ORF Forums

ORF 4.4 not work with domain trees in AD forest? RSS Back to forum

Hello. We have many domains like trees in AD forest: a.abc.ru, b.abc.ru, d.abc.ru and etc.
I install ORF 4.4 trial to Exchange 2003 (mail.a.abc.ru) - central mail routing server, other servers is exchange 2003/2010
All mail from other domains go thru central server
Then I config "Recipient validation" AD - GC://dc1.a.abc.ru/DC=abc,DC=ru
And get error in log - Could not bind to path "GC://dc1.a.abc.ru/DC=abc,DC=ru". Exception EOleException, message: "A referral was returned from the server".
If I place GC://dc1.a.abc.ru/DC,=a,DC=abc,DC=ru - will be no errors but ORF dont find users from other domains.
I have tried change server/domain name, change user name, and without username but no luck
In same time we have old gate (mdaemon) there validation working good
Config for gate:
Host: abc.ru Port: 3268 Base entry DN: DC=abc,DC=ru
Search filter: (&(objectclass=top)(|(mail=$EMAIL$)(mail=SMTP:$EMAIL$)(ProxyAddresses=SMTP:$EMAIL$)))

And question: That should I do with ORF to get validation work?
Thanks for your time

by Vladimir more than 10 years ago

@Vladimir: Try

GC://dc1.a.abc.ru

without the "DC" parts. Also, make sure the global catalog server has all the copies of the domains you wish to query, as ORF does not support chasing referrals.

You can test whether ORF finds all valid addresses on this path by using our test tool (http://www.vamsoft.com/downloads/adtest.zip)

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

This work for my, thank you very much
PS: I tested GC before with Softerra LDAP Browser, adtest.exe also show all email list

by Vladimir more than 10 years ago

@Vladimir: Glad to hear it works :)

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2