Log-Target (ODBC) SQL DB - ORF Forums

Log-Target (ODBC) SQL DB RSS Back to forum

Hello Daniel,
is it planned to introduce a log target "SQL database"?

Until version 6.6 I used the "OLE DB Provider for ORF Log Files" to convert/write the log files into a SQL database and make them searchable for the "end user" in our intranet.

With the update to version 6.7 (whose great function extension I had waited a long time for) the structure of the log files has changed significantly, so that the "OLE DB Provider for ORF Log Files" no longer works.

This provider was always only a workaround... and of course it would be much nicer to be able to write the log entries directly (also) into an SQL database.

Kind regards
Uwe

by uwe.kortkamp 1 year ago

@uwe.kortkamp: Hello Uwe,

Thank you for the feedback. The "OLE DB Provider for ORF Log Files" has been deprecated years ago, but I will ask our dev team if they can "resurrect" this tool and release an update for it. I will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.

With regards to support for SQL logging, it is coming soon. Although I have no ETA to share, we are planning to release it with one of the updates later this year.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

Hello Daniel,
thanks for the info.
The old "OLE DB Provider for ORF Log Files" certainly does not need to be reworked. In the meantime I have written a script that reads the log files itself and writes them into a SQL.

If there will be an update in the foreseeable future, which can write the logs directly into a SQL, this will be sufficient for me.

To get no conflict with writing to and reading from the same logfile, I always read only the last logs older than 1 hour.

As soon as ORF can write directly into a SQL, I could even provide the data to the users in real time.

Best thanks

@uwe.kortkamp: Thank you for letting me know Uwe.

I am forwarding this information to our developers.

(in reply to this post)

Hello Daniel,
Since I know you guys are seriously considering customer requests / suggestions....

A suggestion for an update of the LogViewer:
An extension of the "Color-code event view":

Not only "Information / Warning / Error" etc. - but also for "Greylisting / Pass / Whitelist / Blacklist" and so on.

Many greetings
Uwe

@uwe.kortkamp: Thank you for the suggestion Uwe. We will consider adding more customization options to the Log Viewer.

(in reply to this post)

"As soon as ORF can write directly into a SQL, I could even provide the data to the users in real time."

That would be a nice feature to have in ORF (out of the box). ;)

regards
Norbert

by NorbertFe 1 year ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2