Windows 2012 R2 essential Support with ORF SBS 5.3? - ORF Forums

Windows 2012 R2 essential Support with ORF SBS 5.3? RSS Back to forum

IIS SMTP SERVER on Windows Server 2012 R2 essential, then install ORF sbs 5.3.
any issuse on this? thanks!

by Monkeemao 8 years ago

@Monkeemao: Hello Monkeemao,

ORF is available in two editions: 'ORF Fusion' (licensed per user) and 'ORF Fusion for SBS' (licensed per server). ORF Fusion for SBS is limited to run on Windows Small Business Server only and is compatible with Windows Server Essentials as well. You should be able to install and run Fusion for SBS on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without any issues.

Should you have more questions about the ORF editions or licensing, please visit our pricing and licensing information page (http://vamsoft.com/pricing) or contact our customer service team ().

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the information. As Microsoft confirmed that the Windows Server 2012 R2 essential is the replacement version of Windows Small Business Server 2011 essential, and they will no longer produce SBS product with exact name (Small business server) any more.

So, what if we want to upgrade our OS? Any workaround or alternative solution is available for me as the version we have purchased is ORF Fusion for SBS?

by zeng.lidao 8 years ago

@zeng.lidao: Hello zeng.lidao,

I am sorry but I misread the server edition in the original post. I can confirm that 'ORF Fusion for SBS' can be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without any issues. I have corrected my previous post to reflect this. Thank you for your question!

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2