ORF 5 is now available - ORF Forums

ORF 5 is now available RSS Back to forum

We are excited to announce the latest and best ORF version from the Vamsoft labs.

Learn more about ORF 5 and get the new version from our change summary page at:

http://vamsoft.com/r?o-orf5-lic-changes

Thank you.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago

I don't understand the licenses. I just renewed the SMA last week. now i find out licenses are on a per user basis. what does this mean? does it mean I cannot use ORF 5.0 because I don't have user licenses?

by christopher.low more than 10 years ago

@christopher.low: Actually, you can use ORF 5.0 (both ORF Fusion and ORF Fusion for SBS) with your valid ORF Enterprise Edition SMA, because when you renewed your license, we guaranteed you access to any new ORF releases within the validity period of Enterprise Edition SMA. For instance, if you plan to install ORF Fusion, you can use it on the licensed number of servers, entirely ignoring the user count. You have already paid for this release, so you are receiving it without any additional fee. You should find both installers on the Client Portal, under My Company / Downloads.

When you are renewing your SMA next time, you will be able to choose between ORF Fusion and Fusion for SBS SMAs to renew your Enterprise Edition SMA with. These SMAs will be available with the new licensing conditions.

Does the above answer your question?

(in reply to this post)

@christopher.low: You will need to purchase per user SMAs (or per server "Fusion for SBS" SMAs) only when your current ORF Enterprise Edition SMA expires. Until then, you can download and use any ORF version (including ORF 5 and any new version released till your SMA expiration) on as many servers as many ORF EE SMAs you have, regardless of your user count. For more information, see the FAQ section at http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/orf-5-changes#faq-licensing

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Great to see the new version released. I wonder, why no notification emails were sent.
BTW. Nice handling with the transition to the new licensing model

Bye
Norbert

by norbert.fehlauer more than 10 years ago

@norbert.fehlauer: Thank you, Norbert. We are sending the email announcement tomorrow (we held it back for a week to work on a better experience to our clients - after huge changes like this, the feedback from the first few days helps making improvements to our website and support).

(in reply to this post)

Sorry, but I am confused.
1 server, Exchange 2003 SBS, about 30 email users.
I have ORF Fusion 5 for SBS 5.0,
Beta R04, which expires 9/30/2012.

What do I need to do?

by JC more than 10 years ago

@JC: Do you have any existing ORF Enterprise Edition licenses, or you have only installed the Beta version?

(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): Yes, I've had ORF since 2009

(in reply to this post)

@JC: Please send us an email to with your six-digit Company ID (former Customer ID) and I will send you detailed information.

(in reply to this post)

Thank you, I just did.

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2