Attachment filtered on Whitelisted address - ORF Forums

Attachment filtered on Whitelisted address RSS Back to forum

I have an email domain whitelisted but attachments from that domain are still being filtered and therefore blocked. (not all attachments, just the ones I've designated in Attachment Filtering)

How can I change it so that all messages from this domain and their contents are completely ignored by ORF?

Thank you!

by David Z more than 10 years ago

@David Z: This is because the Attachment Filtering Test of ORF is on the Whitelist Test Exception list by default, meaning it will override most of the whitelists (including the Sender Whitelist). You can remove attachment filtering from this list under the Configuration / Tests / Tests page (click Configure in Whitelist Test Exceptions) of the ORF Administration Tool.

Please let me know if this has helped.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Would this turn off attachment filtering for every message? I still need attachment filtering on all other addresses, just not on the one domain in question.
Dave

@David Z: Unchecking Attachment Filtering under the Whitelist Test Exceptions will turn it off for all whitelisted emails. It will still be applied on non-whitelisted emails.

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Excellent. This worked. Thank you for your help!

Glad to hear that :)

by Krisztian Fekete more than 10 years ago

I Think that things have changed... where is the configuration / tests / test page... under whitelists test there is no box for omitting attachment filtering

by MATT6545 9 years ago

i found Tests under filtering... and at the bottom i see whitleist Test Exceptions. When I click on configure, Attachemt filtering test is not checked... yet the email attachment is still getting replaced... i have saved the config and restarted the service, i hope that works

by MATT6545 9 years ago

@MATT6545: What does the related ORF log entry indicate (http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/knowledge-base/using-the-log-viewer): was the email whitelisted? Also, please note that the Attachment filtering is an On Arrival test, so if the whitelist is assigned to Before Arrival only, it may still replace the attachment.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

This was the exact issue we were facing. The solution worked for us as well. Thank you!

by help.desk3 7 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2