ORF Statistics Not Sending - ORF Forums

ORF Statistics Not Sending RSS Back to forum

Hi,

I'm running ORF Fusion 6.3 and noticed that the ORF statistics email is not being sent out. I normally use my ISP's SMTP server as a relay server. I reviewed the logs and the TLS and authentication are good. Below is a snippet from the log after authentication:

,sending message with RecordId 23849953394701 and InternetMessageId <>
MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=22598,
250 2.1.0 <> sender ok,
RCPT TO:<>,
550 5.1.1 <> recipient invalid domain,
QUIT,

I'm not sure if my ISP is blocking things or if for some reason the domain isn't correct.

I tried changing SMTP cost for vamsoft.com so my local exchange server would deliver the message. When I did that the following error showed up in the ORF event log:

Could not send anonymous statistics report. Reason: EOleException "The pickup directory path is required and was not specified".

Everything I can see in ORF looks good, the Exchange 2019 installation is the latest CU, but this was occurring on the previous CU as well.

Any input or feedback is appreciated. If you need any additional details please let me know.

Thanks
Josh

by Josh 3 years ago

@Josh: Hello Josh,

Please check the following two things in the ORF Administration Tool:

1) See if you can find any warning or error notifications on the Information > Overview and Information > Status pages.

2) Verify that the correct replay directory path is configured on the System > Microsoft Exchange page. Make sure that the folder exists. The default replay directory path on Exchange 2019 is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Replay\"

In addition to the above, try reinitializing the ORF service with the latest configuration ('Ctrl + S' or 'File > Save Configuration').

Please let me know if this has helped.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. I've checked Overview and Status in the information section and everything is good and no errors. The reply directory was correct, and I reinitialized the ORF service.

The statistics usually send around 12:30pm local time (about 3 more hours). I'll review the logs then and report back on what I find.

Thanks
Josh

by Josh 3 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hi Daniel,

I checked the logs and the statistics were sent successfully via the Exchange server (no relay). I will change the settings to use the relay server and see if they are sent successfully tomorrow.

I'm not sure if the configuration just needed to be stored again or what. Anyway, thank you for the input and I'll report back tomorrow.

Thanks!
Josh

by Josh 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Josh: Thank you for the update Josh.

(in reply to this post)

Daniel,

In reviewing the logs the statistics did not send when using my ISP's SMTP server that is setup as a send connector.

The interesting thing is there are two separate connection/send attempts and the error message is slightly different for each. I can send you the detailed log, but I've pasted a trimmed down version below.

*,,sending message with RecordId 24159191040005 and InternetMessageId <>
,>,MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=10164 BODY=7BIT,
,<,550 5.1.0 <> sender rejected : invalid sender domain,
,>,QUIT,
,,Local

*,,sending message with RecordId 24159191040006 and InternetMessageId <>
,>,MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=22679,
,<,250 2.1.0 <> sender ok,
,>,RCPT TO:<>,
,<,550 5.1.1 <> recipient invalid domain,
,>,QUIT,

Let me know if you have any other suggestions/input and/or if you'd like me to email you the log file or any other information.

Thanks
Josh

by Josh 3 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Daniel,

Just an FYI, not all of the log snippet is showing up in the post above because of the brackets that were there. See if this works better.

*,,sending message with RecordId 24159191040005 and InternetMessageId
,>,MAIL FROM: SIZE=10164 BODY=7BIT,
,<,550 5.1.0 sender rejected : invalid sender domain,
,>,QUIT,
,,Local

*,,sending message with RecordId 24159191040006 and InternetMessageId
,>,MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=22679,
,<,250 2.1.0 <> sender ok,
,>,RCPT TO:,
,<,550 5.1.1 recipient invalid domain,
,>,QUIT,

by Josh 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

The first error message indicates that the inbound email filter on the ISP's SMTP is rejecting the message for some reason. My guess is that's because the domain in the envelope sender address "orfstatisticsreports.vamsoft.com" doesn't have an MX record - which is true, only the parent domain "vamsoft.com" does. This wouldn't not be a problem if the email was sent directly by your mail server.

The second error message is most probably a non-delivery report (NDR) which your mail server tried to return to the sender of the blocked email, "". NDRs are sent with "null" sender, hence the missing email address in the "MAIL FROM:" line.

I will contact our domain administrator regarding the missing MX record issue and get back to you as soon as I know more.

(in reply to this post)

The "orfstatisticsreports.vamsoft.com" subdomain has an MX record now as well. Please let me know if the statistics emails are still rejected by the ISP's mail server.

(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the update! I will let you know if the statistics get sent over today by my ISP's mail server.

Thanks
Josh

by Josh 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Josh: Hi Daniel,

That worked, the statistics were sent successfully.

Thank you for the help.

by Josh 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Josh: I am glad to hear that :)

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2