Problem with start Agents - ORF Forums

Problem with start Agents RSS Back to forum

Good afternoon! Help solve the problem: I installed ORF 6.2.1 on the Exchange 2010 Edge border transport server. But SMTP Agent and Routing Agent are not started. When refresh the status, i have error:
Unexpected error while getting the status of orf transport agents.
Type: parameterbindingexception
Message: cannot find parameter matching "Transport sevice" parameter name.

by nurkevich 3 years ago

Hello Nurkevich,

Based on the error message, ORF was trying to get the status of the transport agents by running a command that should be used on Exchange 2013-2019 servers only.

Please check the "Exchange platform:" details on the 'Information > Status' page in the ORF Administration Tool. If ORF correctly recognized the Exchange installation on the server you should see "Microsoft Exchange 2010 Edge Transport" there.

If you see any other Exchange version there, start the Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit) and verify that you have a single "v14" key under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\' and nothing else.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 3 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Daniel, Thank you!
The V15 registry key from the previous Exchange 2013 installation is still valid. Deleted it, reinstalled ORF and everything worked!

by nurkevich 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@nurkevich: Awesome! I am glad to hear that.

If anything else comes up, just let me know. I will be happy to help.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 3 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2