ANN: ORF 6.0 Beta R01 - ORF Forums

ANN: ORF 6.0 Beta R01 RSS Back to forum

If you have been wondering what to expect from the next ORF release, wonder no more. The first public preview version of ORF 6.0 is now available and you are invited to test it. Learn more and download from:

https://vamsoft.com/beta/

Thank you for testing ORF.

by Greg Pósa (Vamsoft) 5 years ago

Hi Greg and everyone at Vamsoft,

I just installed the new beta and so far it's looking good. Thanks for the good work.
As there are two completely new tests (DMAR and DKIM), I'll have to check how this can be implemented and affects the spamdetection.

Regards
Norbert

by NorbertFe 5 years ago

@Greg Pósa (Vamsoft): Can't install on Exchange 2019...

Tells me no Exchange or IIS SMTP is installed

by fastbone 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@NorbertFe: Thank you for participating in the beta Norbert. Please, let us know if you find anything that you feel should be changed.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@fastbone: Hello fastbone,

Exchange 2019 is not yet supported by ORF - we are still in the testing-phase. We will let you know as soon as this changes.

(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): I am happy to test with you...

by fastbone 5 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@fastbone: Thank you fastbone! Let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

(in reply to this post)

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the use of DMARC/DKIM/SPF tests. The helpfile states, that the SPF test should be assigned to on-arrival. When I do this the greylisting option "Skip Greylisting if the sender explicitly passes the SPF test" becomes useless. Is this on purpose because it can't be both or a bug within the beta?

regards
Norbert

by NorbertFe 5 years ago

@NorbertFe: Hello Norbert,

I can confirm that this is how the SPF Test works at the Before Arrival filtering point currently. It is a temporary solution which you can expect to be changed before we release the RTM version of ORF 6.0 - possibly even in a beta update. The SPF Test at Before Arrival will work in a similar fashion to the SPF Test On Arrival, i.e when the the DMARC Test is enabled, the SPF Test will run* at Before Arrival, but the configured blacklist action will not be performed if the sender fails the SPF validation.

* only if the Greylisting test is enabled as well and the "Skip Greylisting if the sender explicitly passes the SPF test" checkbox on its settings page is marked enabled too -- since there would no reason to perform an SPF check at Before Arrival if it cannot affect the disposition of the email at that point.

(in reply to this post)

So whats the suggestion from vamsoft? Disable the checkbox or enable SPF on arrival? What's the later solution on vamsofts site?

by NorbertFe 5 years ago

@NorbertFe: For the time being, we recommend that you disable the SPF Test at Before Arrival if you have the DMARC Test enabled.

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2