Warning in Logviewer "Vamsoft Labs Agent (Spam Filter Role)"-Update - ORF Forums

Warning in Logviewer "Vamsoft Labs Agent (Spam Filter Role)"-Update RSS Back to forum

Hello,

since some days i get this Warning in Logviewer:

-- EVENT MESSAGE --
External Agent "Vamsoft Labs Agent (Spam Filter Role)" reported error (exit code 253, comment "Email check was skipped. Labs Agent exited to install a pending update."). Taking no action. Agent output: "Email check was skipped due to a pending update to the Labs Agent. The update will be installed now.".

Anyone knows that issue?

by Marcus S. 7 years ago

Hello Marcus,

This message indicates that the Vamsoft LabsAgent External Agent had been updated (see Labs Agent release notes: https://cloud.vamsoft.com/release-log). LabsAgent updates and bug-fixes are applied automatically without the need of your intervention. Although the event message itself does not state it, the update procedure only affects the LabsAgent test, however the rest of the enabled ORF tests are still performed uninterrupted. I hope this helps.

If you have further questions, just let me know.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 7 years ago

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Hello Daniel,
thank you for the answer.

I get this Warning/Message before each mail. Is that correct?

by Marcus S. 7 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Marcus S.: The installation of the update should not take more than a couple of seconds, so no, that is certainly not a normal behavior.

Please try to kill the wyUpdate.exe process using the Windows Task Manager and see if that solves the problem. If that does not help, or the problem reoccurs, I would recommend that you download the latest LabsAgent package from the My Company > Labs Program page of the Vamsoft Client Portal (http://vamsoft.com/account/sign-in) and perform a manual update by overwriting the contents of your LabsAgent folder with the updated files, except the configuration file called "labsagent.user.config" - to keep the current settings.

Please let me know if this has helped to solve the issue.

(in reply to this post)

Kill the wyUpdate.exe solve the issue.

Thanks!

by Marcus S. 7 years ago

@Marcus S.: I am glad to hear that :) Please let us know if the issue reoccurs.

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2