New server, installed 5.4, but nothing seems to be working :( - ORF Forums

New server, installed 5.4, but nothing seems to be working :( RSS Back to forum

Hi there,
A site I look after recently had their server replaced - going from Windows Server 2003 to Exchange 2010.
5.4 was installed, and I have gone through all the recommended settings, but it seems to be blocking hardly any spam. (The settings were started from scratch no migration - on the older server hardly anything got through, and the settings were never touched from the initial config!)
I just went through the settings again, I sent a test message myself, it passed.
2 minutes later a message came through that was clearly spam ( it had 'sexual impotence' in the subject), but it passed.
Am I missing something obvious?
Really appreciate if anyone can help...
Regards, Dave

by davep 8 years ago

Hello Dave,

Based on your description, my guess is that ORF might be running in Test Mode. When running in this mode, ORF will do everything exactly as it would normally do, but will not carry out actions on the emails, i.e. it will not reject or tag any email. Logs will explain what would have happened with the email and reports can be generated to get an idea of the overall performance of ORF, but no actual filtering will take place. You can switch between the "Live" and Test Mode in the ORF Administration Tool under Filtering > Actions | Enable Test Mode.

If that is not the case, I would need to review the current ORF configuration and the most recent ORF logs in order to resolve this issue. Should you agree, please send us (to ) the following for analysis:

• A brief description of your system setup (e.g. Mail server OS, Exchange version, firewalls, secondary MXs, other email filtering software etc.)

• The ORF configuration file called orfent.ini. It can be found in the ORF program directory (default: \Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion)

• The.log files (e.g. orf-2015-11-08.log, orf-2015-12-09.log) from the past few days. They can be found on the configured ORF logging path.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 8 years ago

Hi Daniel,
Just checking - I sent off an email with info and attachments shortly after your request - just checking if you got it and have any feedback?
I used as mentioned above.
Regards, Dave

ps - I'm just about to send another email with attached most recent log files

by DavePorter 8 years ago

@DavePorter: Hello Dave,

I've sent a reply to your email. Have you received it?

(in reply to this post)

Hi Daniel,
I got the one that started...
"Based on your description, my guess is that ORF might be running in Test Mode..."
But I repled to that with info and attachments - but no replies until this one just now!

If I missed one, would you mind sending it again?

Regards, Dave

by davep 8 years ago

@davep: I have sent another one already, but I will resend it then. I hope you will get it this time.

(in reply to this post)

Hi Daniel,
I have that very detailed message now - thank you...
It is late here, but I will digest that tomorrow and let you know how it goes...
Regards, Dave

by davep 8 years ago

I am glad to hear that :) I have resent the DNSBL/SURBL definitions file in a separate email. If you do not receive it for some reason, you can download the definitions from here: http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/knowledge-base/update-dnsbl-surbl

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2