Where Did Everyone Go ? - ORF Forums

Where Did Everyone Go ? RSS Back to forum

I was an active member of the ORF newsfeed and it was exceptional. It's been some time since I visited...in fact, I left shortly after the news server changed over to this site.

It looks like there's very few posts in this 'forum' and nothing for more then a year? Did everyone go somewhere else? Where do all the ORF admins congregate these days?

I do have a question about ClamAV and was hoping to get in touch with the knowledgeable people from the news groups. I'm downloading the 3rd party Sane Secure signatures, they are going into their proper SIG_TMP folder but when completed they are not being moved to the C:\ClamAV\dB folder (which is how it used to work). It's been some time since I messed with ORF/3rd Party signatures and was hoping to get some advice but.....where did everyone go?

by Marvin Miller 8 years ago

@Marvin Miller: Hi Marvin,

Welcome back. I'm not sure what happened to the ORF admins from the old days - hopefully they've been promoted and no longer manage anti-spam ;)

I use ClamAV with ORF but I don't think I download the Sane Secure signatures. How would I know? I'll help you if I can.

Sam

by Sam Russo 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Hi Sam;

I'm downloading the 3rd party Sane Secure signatures, they are going into their proper SIG_TMP folder but when completed they are not being moved to the C:\ClamAV\dB folder - that's the issue right now.

So ClamAV is not using them because they are not being moved into the proper directory when the download (RSYNC) is completed.

@Marvin Miller: I double checked my install notes and I see that I did the basic ClamAV install without the additional Sane signatures so I'm afraid I don't have any first-hand knowledge to help you with this. I was concerned to keep things simple and so far this works for us.

I think you may have 2 problems: a) moving the latest signature files to the dB folder after each update and b) configuring ClamAV to use the signatures.

For a), would a simple batch file running as a scheduled task work? If the rsync is following a schedule the batch file could run just after.

For b) I could not find any easy notes about how one does this on the command line.

Please let us know if you work this out and how well the Sane sigs work for you.

by Sam Russo 8 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I believe it's supposed to be handled in clamsup.bat
This was always an automatic thing, once configured, RSYNC downloads the definitions in the temp directory and once complete moves them to the main dB directory.

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2