Problem Uninstalling on Exchange 2013 - ORF Forums

Problem Uninstalling on Exchange 2013 RSS Back to forum

I have Exchange 2013 SP1 CU6 and ORF 5.3 installed on Server 2012.

I tried uninstalling ORF. I stopped the Transport, FrontEnd Transport and IIS Admin services (as instructed during the uninstall). No errors while uninstalling. IIS Admin and Transport started back up, but FrontEnd Tranport didn't.

The following error was in the Event viewer:

Microsoft Exchange couldn't start transport agents. The Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped. Exception details: Failed to create type 'Vamsoft.ORF.TransportAgents.VSSmtpReceiveAgentFactory' from assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion\orftagent15.dll' due to error 'Invalid agent assembly path.'. : Microsoft.Exchange.Data.ExchangeConfigurationException: Failed to create type 'Vamsoft.ORF.TransportAgents.VSSmtpReceiveAgentFactory' from assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion\orftagent15.dll' due to error 'Invalid agent assembly path.'. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid agent assembly path.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.FactoryTable.CreateAgentFactory(AgentInfo agentInfo)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.FactoryTable..ctor(IEnumerable agents, FactoryInitializer factoryInitializer)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.RuntimeSettings..ctor(MExConfiguration config, String agentGroup, FactoryInitializer factoryInitializer)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Internal.MExRuntime.MExRuntime.Initialize(String configFile, String agentGroup, ProcessTransportRole processTransportRole, String installPath, FactoryInitializer factoryInitializer)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.Extensibility.AgentComponent.Load()

In the Exchange Management Shell I typed "Get-TransportAgent" and the following were still there:

Vamsoft ORF SMTP Receive Agent
Vamsoft ORF Routing Agent

So I uninstalled those. FrontEnd Transport would not start, same error as above.

So I reinstalled ORF. Everything started up fine and worked.

Then I tried disabling the agents first before uninstalling....no go. Same error as above. So I reinstalled ORF, everything worked fine.

Then I tried disabling, then uninstalling the agents first in EMS, then uninstalling ORF... no go. Same error as above. So I reinstalled ORF, and everything worked fine again.

Then I tried unregistering the orftagent15.dll first, then uninstalling ORF. No go. Same error as above. So I reinstalled ORF and everything worked.

Then I tried giving the Network Service (as well as a few others) full control over the ORF Fusion folder (as other programs that have had similar issues recommend because Exchange can't unregister the DLL).... and again, uninstalling resulted in the same error as above.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

by chris.stinson2 9 years ago

@chris.stinson2: Hello Chris,

It looks like your Exchange installation is having trouble modifying the Transport Agent registrations for the Front-End Transport Service, or ORF doesn't detect one of the agents installed.

If you currently have ORF installed, please do the following:

1) Launch a command prompt with administrator priviledges

2) Enter the ORF program folder and run "orfmexhelper -uninstall". This will attempt to uninstall unregister the Transport Agents used by ORF from any of the local transport services.

3) Even if you get no errors, confirm the status of the Transport Agents as described here: http://vamsoft.com/support/docs/orf-help/5.3/ta-manage. This article also explains how to remove Transport Agents without "orfmexhelper" (which in turns calls PowerShell, so it should be the very same). Note that working with Transport Agents for the Front-End Transport Service (CAS role) takes special steps, as described in the article -- a local PowerShell session is needed, because Exchange will normally run Transport Agent commands on the Mailbox server, regardless the "-TransportService" switch.

In case if you don't have ORF currently installed or "orfmexhelper" did not help, please try running "Uninstall-TransportAgent" on all ORF agents at both roles, as outlined by the article above.

Please let me know if this has helped.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Péter Karsai (Vamsoft): thank you chris

this one works with me after 1 month trying thanks again

by abdelhaleem 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2