ClamAV plugin problem - ORF Forums

ClamAV plugin problem RSS Back to forum

Plugin and ClamAV installed and configured as per Vamsoft instructions.
Daemons running as services and ORF reports:

External Agent "ClamAV for Windows" reported error with email file "sce-2CB818D43ECA616BD3BC2A8AEB28D80F.eml" (exit code 2, comment "ClamAV error"). Taking no action. Agent output: "ERROR: Could not connect to clamd on (NULL): Cannot assign requested address<CR><LF>ERROR: Could not connect to clamd on (NULL): Cannot assign requested address".

by krzysztof.kleszynski 9 years ago

@krzysztof.kleszynski: Try removing the "--config-file=" parameter (Blacklists / External Agents, double-click ClamAV, Run tab):

--no-summary --stdout {EMAILFILESPEC}

Also do not forget to save the configuration to apply the changes.

Please let me know if the above has helped.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Actually what solved the issue was adding IP to clamd.conf and it's running with agent string unchanged.

by ChrisK 9 years ago

@ChrisK: Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it works.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@ChrisK: ChrisK what do you mean by " adding IP to clamd.conf" ?

I'm getting same error as you.

by tomasz.sokolowski 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

That's what I added because it looked like the ORF extension is unable to connect to Clam Daemon. And it worked..

# TCP address.
# By default we bind to INADDR_ANY, probably not wise.
# Enable the following to provide some degree of protection
# from the outside world.
# Default: no
TCPAddr 127.0.0.1

by ChrisK 9 years ago

@ChrisK: Chris you are a star!

by tomasz.sokolowski 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I'm getting same error now:
External Agent "ClamAV for Windows" reported error (exit code 2, comment "ClamAV error"). Taking no action. Agent output: "ERROR: Could not connect to clamd on 127.0.0.1: Connection refused".

This installation of ClamAV has been working great until yesterday, but nothing obvious changed yesterday. Patch Tuesday, though.

by mike.pasche 6 years ago

@mike.pasche: Hello Mike,

Is the clamd service running? You can find it as "ClamWin Free Antivirus Scanner Service" on the Windows Services list (run > services.msc). You should also make sure that is configured to start automatically (right-click > Properties > General tab > Startup type: Automatic).

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 6 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Yes, it is running and set to Automatic. But it keeps crashing for some reason, then the above error appears. If the service is restarted, it runs fine for a few hours then crashes again. I'm going to try to run it with debug logs enabled to see if I can found out why it keeps stopping.

by mike.pasche 6 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2