I can't install Orf 5.2 on Exhange EDGE 2010 SP3 - ORF Forums

I can't install Orf 5.2 on Exhange EDGE 2010 SP3 RSS Back to forum

Hello! I'm trying to install test version of Orf 5.2 on my Exchange EDGE 2010 SP3. I get an error during installation: "Setup didn't detect Exchange or IIS SMTP service". My Exchange works fine. How can I fix this error and install Orf?

Thank you!

by solly19854 more than 10 years ago

@solly19854: Hello,

This may happen if something is wrong with the registry keys used by ORF to detect Exchange.

Can you please send an export of the following registry keys to ? You can create an export using 'regedit'. Also, the '.reg' files created by 'regedit' will be potentially considered dangerous by email software, so please make sure to put them into a password-protected ZIP or just rename them to .txt.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\

Thank you.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@solly19854: Thank you. The issue is that the Exchange keys are entirely missing from the 32-bit view of your registry for some reason.

To fix this problem, please create the a new key called 'EdgeTransportRole' under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\. Once this new key is created, ORF will install just fine.

(in reply to this post)

@Péter Karsai (Vamsoft): Thank you a lot for such quick reply and perfect support!!!
I've add the registry key and successfully installed Orf 5.2 on my Exchange EDGE 2010 SP3!

by solly19854 more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@solly19854: Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear it helped :)

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2