ORF still trying to connect to proxy after changing configuration - ORF Forums

ORF still trying to connect to proxy after changing configuration RSS Back to forum

Every night at 1:02 (and every time we restart the ORF service), ORF logs these errors:

-ORF license could not be updated. Error: Could not connect to the Vamsoft license servers.

-DMARC top-level domain suffix list update failed (EOleException, The operation timed out). and fails.

This began when we recently switched from having a proxy server on port 3128 to transparent proxy (i.e., direct connections through pfSense).

ORF had been configured to use the proxy, so we reconfigured ORF (File, Network Settings…, Public Network Access) and changed it from “Connect using HTTP proxy” to “Direct connection”.

The error continues. Wireshark shows that the server is still trying to connect to the proxy on port 3128 every time we see the errors in the log.

The server IP is manually configured.

There is no wpad on the network.

Running “Netsh winhttp show proxy” results in:
Current WinHTTP proxy settings: Direct access (no proxy server)

Running ORF 6.8
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter

Is there a configuration file or registry entry to check?

by aeleus 1 year ago

@aeleus: Hello aeleus,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To fix the proxy problem that you reported, please make adjustments to the proxy settings either in the License Manager dialog (Help>License Manager>Proxy Settings) or on the DMARC Test settings page (Authentication>DMARC Test>Proxy Settings).

Please note that the settings found in the "File > Network Settings" dialog only affect the management tools and not the ORF service itself, which is the cause of the errors you are encountering.

In the next version, we will make adjustments to how the network and proxy settings are presented on the UI to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 12 months ago
(in reply to this post)

Thank you, Daniel. That fixed the problem.

by aeleus 11 months ago

@aeleus: Thank you for letting me know! I am glad I could help.

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 11 months ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2