Error installing 6.8 - ORFENT.XML was unaccessible - ORF Forums

Error installing 6.8 - ORFENT.XML was unaccessible RSS Back to forum

When installing 6.8 we have hit the following error.

Exception EORFEEConfigException in Module orfeesvc.exe at 001645D8.
The configuration file (c:\ProgramData\ORFFusion\orfent.xml) was inaccessible. Error Class: EDOMParseError, message: "An invalid character was found in text content.
Line 302
KeywordType><CaseSensitive>False</CaseSe".

Any thoughts welcomed.

by SteveC 1 year ago

The file listed seems to be missing. Also the error appears when you change any settings, and the remote connection also fails.

by SteveC 1 year ago

@SteveC: Hello SteveC,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The error message indicates a problem with the ORF configuration file (orfent.xml). Could you please send it to for analysis? By default it is located in the 'C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion' folder.

Thank you!

by Daniel Novak (Vamsoft) 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

In addition to the orfent.xml file, please also send us the orfent.ini file - located in the 'C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion\Backup\<datetime-of-update>' folder.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Thank you for you reply. I have checked and there is no folder called \Backup\ under C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion\

Sadly due to an unwanted distraction of another issue, I neglected to take an independent backup prior to running the update.

I will email the ini file.

by SteveC 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): Thank you for you reply. I have checked and there is no folder called \Backup\ under C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion\

Sadly due to an unwanted distraction of another issue, I neglected to take an independent backup prior to running the update. I will check our standfard backups for a copy.

I will email the ini file.

by SteveC 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

Please make sure that you are looking at the 'C:\ProgramData\ORF Fusion' and not the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion' folder.

(in reply to this post)

@SteveC: Also, can you tell me which ORF version was deployed on your server before you installed the ORF 6.8 update?

(in reply to this post)

@Daniel Novak (Vamsoft): We had ORF 6.7 installed. I will email screen shot of directory.

by SteveC 1 year ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2