X-Envelope-To: (Script) - ORF Forums

X-Envelope-To: (Script) RSS Back to forum

We just migrated Fusion from Server 2003 IIS 6 SMTP to Server 2013 IIS 6 SMTP. It was a very easy move but we lost the header X-Envelope tags:
X-Envelope-To:
X-Received-From-Address:
X-Envelope-From:
that were scripted into IIS 6 SMTP courtesy of a CDO(?) command line script by Peter Karsai. I can't find a reference to it on the Vamsoft site. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the great product,
Planck

by Planck more than 10 years ago

@Planck: It is available at

http://vamsoft.com/support/tools/offline-tools

(Other Tools, Envelope Headers)

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): The answer is probably not that @Planck wanted to read, neither me ...

before Exchange 2007, the Event sink script smtpenvelopheaders was a CDO script, that inserted useful Infos into the Header for analyzing.

With my tests under Exchange 2013 (ORF still works smooth like a charme, Transition was easily) I cannot get the Event sink script registered ... (yes, the whole CDO System is no longer available) .... The alternate is to write some code, compile it to an executable, and insert the Tool with the XML Import Routine into ORF
This sounds easy, if you're still working with a development Environment (C-Compiler?, Framework?) For one w/o that programming experience, Scripting as in CDO times did the trick, but are no longer usable for the CDO-free Environment.
So the question here probably is, is there someone around with that experience, to write some code, get it compiled and published as an external tool as a replacement for the
smtpenvelopinsert script

regards, Uli :-)

by u60 more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@u60: I can confirm that the CDO OnArrival event sink system is no longer available from Exchange 2007, because it no longer relies on IIS SMTP for email transport.

To my best knowledge, there's no way to capture the same information using Exchange 2007+ Transport Rules (they are quite powerful, but we did not find a way to use them for this).

What you can do under Exchange 2007+ servers is to write a Transport Agent. If you are familiar with VB.NET or C#, this should be a fairly simple thing: all it takes is referencing the Exchange public reference assemblies and implementing two classes. The object model provided by Exchange allows a wide range of email manipulation, including modifying the email headers (I think -- we rewrite the entire email when we have to change it). It's also better documented than CDO OnArrival event sinks.

by Péter Karsai (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2